What a Wonderful Life

What a Wonderful Life

Monday, December 24, 2012

How I Spent My 27th Birthday - Randome Acts of Kindesss


Today is my 27th Birthday ! Yep my birthday is on Christmas Eve  , and No it doesn't suck. I LOVE being a Christmas Baby. My mom and family has always gone out of there way to make my birthday feel special and not get swept away with the Holiday Season.  And to show how thankful I am i decided to spend my birthday doing things for others. I was inspired by http://tsjphotography.com/blog/rack-download-edition/ advent calendar . Plus she has really nice Christmas and blank print ables!

The started out great with Breakfast in Bed, from my Hubby and Girls <3


Next it was time to shower and get everyone ready for our day out spreading good cheer !

My first act was to send a mother who I saw posted asking for help on a facebook page I 'like'. They had just moved to a new state and she missed the deadlines for toys for tots and felt bad asking for help at their new church since they had only been there a short time and so many others needed the help. Her neighbor had donated a tree and gift for the little children. She was sad she couldn't afford a gift for her 12 year old daughter. So I mailed off $20 so her daughter could go to a teen consignment in town and pick out a new outfit or two.
 
 


Next I sent my Friends daughter $5. She is collecting stuffed animals to send to the Sandy Victims . Shelley is a 9 years old Girl who already loves thinking of ways to help others. Earlier this year she also donated her hair to locks for love.  






 











Then to the laundry Mat.
Where we left a bag of laundry soap packets with a note that said "take one and leave the rest for the next guest" . Here are my Girls excited to start this adventure.





 




My Husband who had the privilege of driving us around :)





 





The after a quick stop at the bank for change we went to the ER waiting room at the Hospital and left change on the vending machines

 
Next Stop was the .99 cent store to leave a couple bucks for kids in the toy aisle . This was the first time someone noticed us and she chuckled and gave me a smile.





The kids were loud ! So excited for all the nice/ fun things we were doing and the promise of a happy meal at the end of our random acts of kindness.



 






Who wouldn't be surprised when they pulled up to the car wash and didn't have to pay? I know washing your car usually isnt the happiest moment in life but maybe this will make someone smile :)
  While on our way we almost hit a puppy !!! I jumped out of the car and tried to save it but it ran off the busy street and into a neighborhood where someone else was chasing it. Thank god that little pom didn't get run over !!






 

For our last act . We bought coffee and gift cards for a nice hot meal.  The Man and women we gave them to were very thankful. I hope they can find a save dry place for the night and have at least one warm meal this Holiday Season.






With all the horrible acts of violence and sadness happening around our country and the world I encourage you to take the time and print out one sheet of the RAOK cards and do 4 kind acts for people in your area or life. If each person on my facebook does 4 acts of kindness that will be over 400 random kind things done !!! There is no need to spend great deals of money or even that much time. Our 10 acts cost less than $50 and not more than 2 hours of our time. Some of our RAOK cost only $1 and there are plenty of free ideas all over the Internet. Like helping someone with their groceries or mowing your neighbors lawn . Remember a little love goes a long way.
 
 Happy Holidays from our Family to Yours



No comments:

Post a Comment